Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Obama finaly takes responsibility on the Economy

(Msnbc).President Obama had a message for Republican critics who want to pin the country’s current economic woes on him: “That’s fine. Give it to me.”

With the nation’s unemployment rate near 9.5% -- a 26-year high -- Obama has come under increasing fire from detractors on the right, who say the massive $787 billion stimulus has done little to create jobs.

In a speech to a cheering crowd of more than 1,500 people, who waited for several hours in the hot sun at Macomb Community College to hear him speak, Obama said it was his administration’s job to get the economy back on its feet.

“It’s a job I gladly accept,” he said to applause. “I love these folks who helped get us in this mess. And then suddenly say, ‘Oh, this is Obama’s economy.’ That’s fine. Give it to me. My job is to solve problems -- not to stand on the sidelines and carp and gripe. So I welcome the job. I want the responsibility".

No comments:

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty" (Churchill)