Friday, January 29, 2010

Brown on Romney: 'He's changed'

(from his wide-ranging interview,with the Globe):

He's changed, he's changed. You know, he's actually -- before he was an outsider coming in and he was, you know, kind of, you know, stiff. But he's actually, like, funny, he's like -- when he was at my events he was cracking jokes, when we were on the bus -- I was like, who is this guy? He's really kind of, I think, settled into his role kind of being the elder statesman of the party and everything he went through as president. It's kind of, and once again it's my opinion but he's really a different guy than I knew when he was here, and I certainly appreciate everything he did for me. And it wasn't a lot, he was just there as the initial -- you know, 'here's a check, go get em!' And that says a lot, you know, when I signed my contract with the team, you know -- I worried about, how am I gonna pay for this? And he was one of the first guys that helped me towards that obligation. And I remember those people who took a chance.

1 comment:

Crystalf said...

.. wait .. did he really say this? "..and everything he went through as president. "as President"? hmmm .. maybe he's been to the future and back ..

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty" (Churchill)