Tuesday, March 24, 2009

MY FRIENDS....I am pro-Obama,and against conservative bullies says Meagan Mccain

(Dailynews).Sen. John McCain's daughter continued her all-out media tour with a stop on CNN's "Larry King Live" Tuesday night, voicing support for her father's campaign opponent, President Obama, but none for her Republican critics.

Meghan McCain, a columnist for TheDailyBeast.com, also tried to take the high road after conservative radio host Laura Ingraham had joked about the 24 year-old's weight last week.

"As far as I'm concerned with what's going on with Laura Ingraham, on my end, it's over," McCain told King. "There are nine million women in this country suffering from eating disorders. And I'm not going to be bullied around about my weight and what kind of standards I'm not fitting."

In the past few weeks since she started her career as a political columnist, McCain has angered conservatives - especially after she blasted pundit Ann Coulter, calling the author, "offensive, radical, insulting, and confusing all at the same time." Ingraham had poked fun of McCain's weight on her radio show, then back-peddled on an interview with Fox News a few days later.

"I have taken heat, but in fairness to me, I am a different generation than the people that are giving me heat," McCain told King. "I'm 24 years old. I'm not in my 40s, I'm not in my 50s and older."

But perhaps her most controversial view as far as Republicans are concerned is her support for Obama to succeed as president.

"He's our president and when the election was over and when President Obama won, all negative feelings were gone," McCain said on the CNN show. "I support the president."

No comments:

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty" (Churchill)