Monday, August 24, 2009

Squawk Box's Kernen Says Pawlenty for President in 2012

(Washington Whispers): CNBC's Squawk Box, the early-morning business show that puts the spotlight on the intersection of Wall Street and Washington.....Kernen is political. "My deal is that I'd rather have the markets do it. I think government is ineffective," says Kernen, who sneers at "Government Motors" and the "activist administration." Still, he likes President Obama. "I think he's an incredibly likable and charismatic guy. For a while, I wish I'd voted for him. But then when I see some of the stuff, I'm glad I didn't." As for 2012, he likes former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty. "President Pawlenty doesn't really roll off the tongue, but who would have thought 'President Obama'?"

No comments:

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty" (Churchill)